Looking for a brownie recipe that ticks all the plant-based boxes?
This recipe uses dates as the sweetener and a whole can of black beans and you’d never know!
You can watch how I make them and tweak the original recipe in the cooking demonstration below.
I use these black bean brownies as my go-to plant-based treat.
My tweaks to the original black bean brownie recipe:.
- Use 200ml of boiling water to soak the dates and use all of this liquid instead of the almond milk.
- Blend the cooled dates and water first.
- Then add beans and blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Instead of using a baking tin, I use the silicone mini muffin trays – one batch makes exactly 24 mini muffins.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, place half a square of the 70% or 85% Lindt dark chocolate on each muffin. When the chocolate has melted, spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Place the trays in the fridge to cool. Muffins should pop out easily when chilled.
Read More Plant Based Goodness
Do our changing mid-life hormones cause an increase in hunger and result in overeating?Research does suggest that declining estrogen can cause an increase in our stress levels, which in turn can lead to increased hunger. But is the increase in hunger and overeating...
In recent times the importance of adequate sleep has come to light. . In fact your brain needs you to sleep so it can remove toxic proteins from its neurons that build up as a normal by-product of your daily activities! A lack of sleep can negatively impact your body...
Is this high-fat diet supporting menopausal weight loss?There is still a lot of confusion around keto, a high-fat diet that puts the body into ketosis, which basically means you stop eating carbohydrates so your body burns fat for fuel rather than glucose. However,...