Looking for a brownie recipe that ticks all the plant-based boxes?
This recipe uses dates as the sweetener and a whole can of black beans and you’d never know!
You can watch how I make them and tweak the original recipe in the cooking demonstration below.
I use these black bean brownies as my go-to plant-based treat.
My tweaks to the original black bean brownie recipe:.
- Use 200ml of boiling water to soak the dates and use all of this liquid instead of the almond milk.
- Blend the cooled dates and water first.
- Then add beans and blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Instead of using a baking tin, I use the silicone mini muffin trays – one batch makes exactly 24 mini muffins.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, place half a square of the 70% or 85% Lindt dark chocolate on each muffin. When the chocolate has melted, spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Place the trays in the fridge to cool. Muffins should pop out easily when chilled.
Read More Plant Based Goodness
Counting calories is synonymous with the dreaded ‘D’ word… dieting.Just the word 'calorie' can send a shiver up the spine. It triggers memories of deprivation and misery... and ultimately failure. But we need some kind of weight loss strategy because the stats are not...
Could sugar be the underlying problem for women trying to lose weight in menopause?We've got the media telling us weight loss is hard if not impossible after 50 (some doctors have even told my clients that!) And you've either experienced… Never struggling with your...
The problem with being drawn into alluring diets promising quick weight loss is that they don’t work.On average, weight loss attempts last four weeks for women and six weeks for men, and have a 98% fail rate! While I'm not a fan of diets, I’m also aware that, if...